Windows 11 is supposedly coming today. What are you hoping to see?

• 24 June 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge

Anything in particular you’re hoping for as Microsoft launches Windows 11? How have your OS needs changed over the last 12 months?

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Badge +2

I’ve learned to be skeptical of anything shiny & new from MS. They keep coming sooooo close to really doing something fresh & new, but always ends up feeling… basically the same. That said, I’m really digging the UI redesign & hoping that extends all through the system. No more jank legacy UI pieces to stumble across. I also hope they follow through on the promise of improved/faster updates.

Extremely disappointed that their solution to running Android apps (a novelty, but I get it) was to partner with Amazon rather than directly with Google.

Open Thread in Slack
Badge +2

Also curious to see if/how requiring a TPM chip improves overall security.

Open Thread in Slack
Badge +2

I’ve learned to be skeptical of anything shiny & new from MS. They keep coming sooooo close to really doing something fresh & new, but always ends up feeling… basically the same. That said, I’m really digging the UI redesign & hoping that extends all through the system. No more jank legacy UI pieces to stumble across. I also hope they follow through on the promise of improved/faster updates.

Extremely disappointed that their solution to running Android apps (a novelty, but I get it) was to partner with Amazon rather than directly with Google.

Open Thread in Slack
Badge +2

Open Thread in Slack
Badge +2

Open Thread in Slack
Badge +2

Open Thread in Slack