Question

How is everyone getting equipment back after off-boarding?

• 2 October 2020
  • 8 replies

Badge

How is everyone getting equipment back after off-boarding?

🗨 Link to Slack thread

8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

We have a decent inventory, so we're shipping folks a box when they don't have a monitor. If they do have a monitor, we either pick it up if the person lives near an IT person, or we ask them to drop it off to the office when they come in to pick up their personal effects from HR at the office

Badge +1

Lots of places are just letting employees keep it as part of severance/goodwill in this insane time.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Yep we do*.

Badge +1

Depending on your location I can reccomend a couple services that you can offload this too as well

Badge

I would love to give it away but since we are in healthcare we can not do that. @nicholas.dumlao I would love some info if you have it. Thanks!

Badge +1

definitely! I have two recommendations:

If you don't have a lot of inventory/potential use case these folks are great https://computercare.net/

If you have more inventory and need a global presence

Badge

Our HR team usually collects hardware, and in some cases they end up travelling to offboarded employee’s home just to collect. I suspect in some (many) cases the cost of our HR team doing that exceeds the value of the hardware being returned, but it’s the mandate we have at the moment.

Badge

With empployees in over 60 countries we let them keep the equipment if they've been at the company for at least a year. If not, they have the option to buy it for current value or we recycle it. In either of the last options we work with our partner AnythingIT to manage that part of the logistics.

Sent via Slack Thread