Does anyone have a suggestion for a great remote support utility (TeamViewer, Bomgar, Etc.) Wit...

Userlevel 2
Badge +2
  • Active Member / Beta Tester
  • 747 replies

Does anyone have a suggestion for a great remote support utility (TeamViewer, Bomgar, Etc.) With everyone working remote it’s getting a bit hard to do some support things just by text and screensharing via Google Meet 😅

🗨 Link to Slack thread

34 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Domain in this case would be the g suite domain

Badge

Yes, but I was asking about TV Tensor.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

A domain would be an approved saml user

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

The whole point with the domain thing was just to show that not even google allows g suite domains to do minimal protection similar to how they treat youtube

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

So TeamViewer Tensor in this case would allow for SSO with a 2-step authentication to even request a remote connection whilst Chrome Remote Desktop relies on the end-users being vigilant about phishing attempts

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

there are some controls available for CRD, https://support.google.com/chrome/a/answer/2799701?hl=en but might be inadequate for your needs especially now with remote work.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Yeah - it makes it ever so slightly better but it is still very far away from what we require internally - but very nice to see that there are some limitations that can be set

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I looked into Tensor, and excluded it because we didn't meet the minimum 1k seats for the service.
Having experience with TV, I'd advise you not to consider it.
It's a nightmare to manage, and the security issues and reaction/posture is scary.

Badge

Whatever you do, don't open RDP ports