Does anyone have a suggestion for a great remote support utility (TeamViewer, Bomgar, Etc.) Wit...

Userlevel 2
Badge +2
  • Active Member / Beta Tester
  • 747 replies

Does anyone have a suggestion for a great remote support utility (TeamViewer, Bomgar, Etc.) With everyone working remote it’s getting a bit hard to do some support things just by text and screensharing via Google Meet 😅

🗨 Link to Slack thread

34 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Remotedesktop.google.com?

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Something that we can sign a DPA with 😉 otherwise great tool

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

There was a thread somewhere when TeamViewer had some security issues. Let me see if I can find it

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I think anydesk was the one that caught my attention when I was looking at LogMeIn alternatives, and looks like the company is based out of germany

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Ohhh we like germany !

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

We use Bomgar - it's pretty fantastic.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

only heard good things about Bomgar so it is high on the list!

Badge

@vrklgn really? Most tools in this online world are not available to "sign DPA". They do all have ToS and DPA legal writings though, which you can accept, and therefore use.

That's what you do with the two big dogs, O365 and G Suite. You accept their words. Nothing you can sign.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

@nosubstitute You would be surprised actually 🙂 It’s of course a game of accepting risk and also be very clear about a deal not happening unless a DPA is there.

Badge

If you don't already use G Suite, then I understand why you'd hesitate to go with CRD, but if you are, then there's nothing stopping you.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

But then you got the security aspect of CRD - afaik threre is no way to ensure only priviliged people can attain access

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I would find it really hard to defend CRD in front of ISO auditors

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

CRD is also not to my knowledge covered by the agreement of G Suite in this case so it would be like using join.me

Badge

Nobody can gain access wihtout the acceptance of the user.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

But anyone can - which raises the potential risk. You can’t lock it down to the domain right ?

Badge

Of course, it's not a G Suite tool, but when you already have a report with Google, you will probably already have accepted all or many of their other Additional Services, which all use the same legal relationship.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Accepting and using are very different however 😌

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

You can activity turn off many g suite additional services in the domain due to that part

Badge

Nope. No restrictions. Same with Teamviewer, afaik. If you give the number anyone can use it, with the random code. The organisation code is of course unknown to outsiders, maybe... But once that code is out, there's no stopping anyone from acessing your internal resources, if you can get your hands on a TV id.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

☝ which is also why chrome remote desktop is out

Badge

CRD is impossible to connect to without asking for the unique and random id from the user.

Badge

And then the users still have to accept the connection.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Teamviewer Tensor afaik does allow for domain lockdown

Badge

but, yes, anyone can be fooled

Badge

But, what is a "domain" in that scenario? With everyone working from home...