Do you have IT contingency plans to cover a shift in WFH policies?

• 13 April 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge

Salesforce announced that it’s reopening its SF office next month. Do you anticipate that your company might pivot away from a hybrid/WFH environment in the next 6-12 months? And if so, what do your contingency plans look like?

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I'm curious what companies with large offices who moved to working from home cut infrastructure / facilities staff and now must re-hire talent and get them trained or if they will be taking a new approach to facilities management.

Open Thread in Slack

I have my own perspective on this, but I think if this is a situation that some are facing, now is the best time to consider how you reshape and reset expectations around support. If you’ve made investments in self-service and remote support over the last year, then how do you carry that forward? Maybe you don’t need to offer the same services in person. How can IT teams leverage this to move up the value stack, from being password resetters and printer managers to offering more value-add services or more meaningful support experiences? It’s a great time and you’ve got no overhead of BAU, so don’t let this pull you back into “the way things were.”

Open Thread in Slack