For anyone new to okta, this is a free on demand course: https://www.okta.com/training/okta-bas...

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

For anyone new to okta, this is a free on demand course: https://www.okta.com/training/okta-basics-curriculum-for-workforce-identity/

🗨 Link to Slack thread

17 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

but is it as good as the three day training? 🙃

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Probably not - mainly because you don't get to ask anyone questions. But for orgs that maybe can't afford for one person to get the 3 day training, its a nice compromise. I don't remember them offering such a training when I took the 3day class a few years back

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Yeah there wasn’t an on-demand course. Personally I have a love/hate relationship with the 3 day training, which also clearly started my distaste for okta in general

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Really - it had the opposite effect on me. Primarily it revealed alot of stuff I didn't know about Okta

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

oh it definitely helped me implement okta (well, half of it did, anyway). But I sorta resented the idea that i needed 3 full days of instructor led training to understand only the basic of how okta works. (just to be fair I dont like this about bettercloud either).

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

wait - bettercloud has training? or are you talking about the implementation team? And I can see your point about feeling like you don't need 3 days..I think at the time it did feel kinda much

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

No i mean that they’re the other tool we use that might benefit from three days of training

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

ahh gotcha - maybe when they debut that certification option, it will come with training. Right @mikestone-bettercloud 🙂

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@daniel.gualtieri @milton.edwards 👀

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Wow, so many good ideas in here that I’d love to talk to you both about 😬

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

@marquesstewart @rose maybe we can jump on a call next week

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

I mean sure. i was only sorta but not kidding about three days of training

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Lol, there's a hint of truth in every joke. 🤣 And I'm game for a chat about this because I think if you're going to have a cert there should be a training package that goes with it.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

I have also been thinking about whether bettercloud should have a cert…. and honestly I think the answer is yes, mostly because BC is more of a Platform than just a tool. Like G Suite is a collaboration platform. But yes, there’s some thought behind the training that goes into certs. They can be a form of education, where you could be qualified to do a Thing before ever having any practical experience with it. Or they can be recognition of professional experience and administrative maturity.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

anyway, also happy to chat about it lol

Badge

Ive had to do 2 4day bootcamps, but thats also because im a partner.. were very long but really helpful

Badge

BC training certs would be helpful