Question

Anyone use the Rockstar plugin for Okta+Chrome?

• 3 November 2020
  • 26 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Anyone use the Rockstar plugin for Okta+Chrome?

This topic has been closed for comments

26 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

I think @gabriel.sroka created it! ๐Ÿ™‚

Sent via Slack Thread
Badge

Who? Never heard of him ;)

Sent via Slack Thread
Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I think you're right ๐Ÿ™‚ Have never used it before. Was looking for some thoughts.

Sent via Slack Thread
Badge

I think it's great! ;)

Sent via Slack Thread
Userlevel 5
Badge +2

oh, @gabriel.sroka earmuffs!

Sent via Slack Thread
Badge

๐Ÿ™‰

Sent via Slack Thread
Userlevel 5
Badge +2

๐Ÿ˜‚ joking, I haven't used it myself but I'm sure others in here have

Sent via Slack Thread
Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Saw it floating in the macadmins slack. Without looking too closely other than the webpage..10000ft. view of any security risks an Okta admin would be concerned with

Sent via Slack Thread
Badge

Eg?

The source is on github...

Sent via Slack Thread
Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I use it pretty regularly, itโ€™s great. The ability to quickly export data with it has been hugely useful.

Sent via Slack Thread
Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Thanks @gabriel.sroka and @mlynch.

Sent via Slack Thread
Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Yeah, it's a pretty great tool for taking okta admin to the next level. And if you have any issues, just scream at @gabriel.sroka

Sent via Slack Thread
Badge

I think Bert asks a valid question. How can you trust me/my code/the Chrome webstore/Chrome itself, etc?

i don't know the answer. Perhaps you all do...

Sent via Slack Thread
Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I think alot of it just comes through interacting with you within the community and you being so responsive to concerns/issues related to the application. I do believe that Rockstar is a power user tool and the reason that its praised both here and Macadmins is because folks in both slack communities have used it and seen its value. So outside of just personal trust, the only way I think you can "trust" it would be if Okta integrated into their own okta extension somehow.

Sent via Slack Thread
Badge

Fair enough, but I wonder this when I download/use open source software, too. How do I know I can trust it? It's an interesting question and something that's difficult to answer.

Maybe I should hire someone to pen test it. Would that help?

Sent via Slack Thread
Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Might be a good general discussion for #security. I would say the two main options would be evaluating the open source code, and the reputation of the developer, which in this case I think is confirmed.

Sent via Slack Thread
Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Not being a developer myself I would probably rely on yet again- reputable third party tools to evaluate third party tools ๐Ÿ˜‚

Sent via Slack Thread
Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Thanks also for your insight @marquesstewart

Sent via Slack Thread
Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I agree @bert.smith with possibly sticking with a reputable third party. But in this particular case, since you can literally reach out to the person who developed the code and that person is an active member of the community - it helps get you over the hump of trust.

Sent via Slack Thread
Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Yes Marques, thats what I was getting at in "this case is confirmed". Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Sent via Slack Thread
Badge

what's this SaaSOps bot thing?

Sent via Slack Thread
Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Thought you'd never ask! It's used to sync valuable conversations with https://saasops.community:

Check these out:

Sent via Slack Thread
Badge

i'm getting unsolicited (aka spam) emails from SaaSOps / BetterCloud. did you all get these, too?

i just spent 10 minutes trying to unsubscribe.

this is not cool

Sent via Slack Thread
Userlevel 3
Badge +3

@mike-bc

Sent via Slack Thread
Badge

c255df3776f6d910.png For Rockstar. It is a big time-saver for me when I need to pull data from Okta for auditing and list comparisons.

Sent via Slack Thread